Quick Fix

This work for the PSU mfa midway show is latex, graphite, joint compound and drywall. I am interested in façades, walls, and flat surfaces as impermanent structures. This work is inspired by the current housing crash in America, yet before the downturn I had already become concerned at the quality of construction, materials, and general aesthetics of contemporary building. Value is an abstract concept we apply to all things, and housing is one example of extreme value inflation of banal materials and location, ultimately proving its instability and volatility over time. My surface is a mobile gallery wall in poor condition, yet is still painted white and looks good from far away. I am interested in the quality of my work up close and far away and what that can reveal about perception and reality.